Wednesday, March 16, 2022

These Classic St. Patrick’s Day Dishes Are a Must

I'm Not Irish, But My Coffee Is
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
The Spruce Daily
But My Coffee Is
I'm Not Irish, But My Coffee Is
Victoria Heydt,
Editorial Project Manager
St. Patrick's Day is here, and while I'm not Irish (don't worry, my coffee is), I want to share with you a few of my favorite Irish foods that will be making it to my table this weekend.
 
First and foremost, the quintessential classic: corned beef and cabbage. Salty corned beef, tender boiled cabbage, and soft starchy potatoes are everything in this iconic dish. Don't feel like waiting a full 3 ½ hours? Knock off an hour with our Instant Pot recipe. Once you have this variation mastered, turn to your smoker for a low-and-slow cooking method that is sure to leave you wanting more. Just give yourself ample time to account for soaking and marinating.
 
Any leftover corned beef and potatoes that I may have (and that's a huge if), I'm going to try my hand at this shepherd's pie recipe and this Irish champ dish. And, since I just bought a Costco-sized bag of Brussels sprouts (love me some Costco moments), I'm going to try my hand at these cheese-laden smashed Brussels sprouts. It's a very gratifying feeling when the components of the first meal can lead into a fun and creative second meal. (Here's where I do a little jig.)
 
To offset all of these savory moments, I plan on making one of my favorite breads: Irish soda bread. Slightly heated in the oven and then topped with a pat of butter? Yes, please!
 
Moving more into the sweets realm of things, these Guinness chocolate brownies are set to make an appearance as well. (Will I be getting an extra bottle of Guinness for me to drink while making these tasty morsels? You can bet your sweet behind I will.)
 
If I lived closer to my niece and nephew, I would totally be making this colorful rainbow cake for dessert as well. But, alas, I think I'll hold off until next weekend when I might make it for a friend's birthday. (Who says adults can't have fun?)
 
To end the evening, I'm going super festive with green beer, our very own copycat Shamrock shake, and this Emerald Isle cocktail (which is very spot on, since I already live in North Carolina).
 
What are some of your favorite Irish foods that you enjoy making for St. Patrick's Day? Let us know on Facebook and Instagram @thespruceeats.
 
Victoria Heydt
Editorial Project Manager, The Spruce Eats
READ MORE
Today On The Spruce
More Recipes to Try
Corned Beef Shepherd's Pie
Corned Beef Shepherd's Pie
Smashed Brussels Sprouts
Irish Soda Bread
Irish Soda Bread
Original Irish Coffee
Today On The Spruce
The Spruce Eats on YouTube
How to Make French Toast 3 Ways
How to Make French Toast 3 Ways
Watch & Learn
Spruce Eats Banner
Today On The Spruce

Did somebody forward you this email? Sign Up for The Spruce Eats Newsletter!

Have feedback? Send us an email at contact@thespruceeats.com, subject line: Newsletter Feedback.
The Spruce
Follow us:  
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to The Spruce Eats newsletter. Unsubscribe
© 2022 Dotdash.com — All rights reserved. Privacy Policy.
A DOTDASH BRAND 28 Liberty Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY, 10005

No comments:

Post a Comment