Luck Isn't Behind Our Success With This 'Double Bullish' Signal
Anyone who has worked on Wall Street knows that it's hard to make 50% in one year... With a return like that, you've either been lucky or you've taken on a ton of risk.
Luck Isn't Behind Our Success With This 'Double Bullish' Signal
By Joe Austin, senior analyst, Chaikin Analytics
Anyone who has worked on Wall Street knows that it's hard to make 50% in one year...
With a return like that, you've either been lucky or you've taken on a ton of risk.
In the investment business, taking on that much risk is called "swinging for the fences."
And only foolish people give their money to someone who admits to swinging for the fences. I saw this principle clearly in my third job on Wall Street...
You see, I worked in equity research at a big bank in my first job on Wall Street. And then, I became a portfolio manager at a large insurance company.
In both roles, I only focused on taking long positions in stocks. By that, I mean my colleagues and I only owned stocks we thought would go up.
In my third job, that outlook shifted somewhat...
In the mid-1980s, I joined a small money-management company.
A prominent, wealthy New York family ran the business. The principal of the company described it as a large family office with a money-management operation on the side.
A big chunk of our operations focused on "friends and family" money...
Most of these folks were already wealthy. So they didn't need to make a lot in the stock market.
Instead, these clients just wanted to earn a good return on their existing money. That way, they could either share the wealth with their kids or donate it to a favorite charity one day.
Because of that, we prioritized capital preservation when picking stocks.
We aimed to at least match the market when it went up. And we wanted to outperform (lose less than) the market when it went down.
That was our pitch. And the clients loved it.
So in my publication Breakthrough Investor, I don't swing for the fences... Instead, I use our tools to find stocks that look likely to see strong growth in the months to come. And with minimal risk of downside.
And it is playing out quite well.
But I must admit – there's one position in the Breakthrough Investor portfolio that I'm quite proud of.
This win is thanks to a powerful filter I devised from my time on Wall Street. And you'll come to see that it helps us avoid risky stocks.
And on the surface, it may look a little bit like "luck"...
The man who predicted the 2023 bank run has a new warning: "AI will soon rupture into two sectors." It could either cost you ALL your gains since 2022... or potentially double your money if you understand what's coming to AI stocks this month and why. Click here to learn more.
A serious car crash... a tree falling through my living room – you can't make this up. Cheating death twice has made me reevaluate everything. It's why I'm speaking out today, one FINAL time... giving away what I consider a priceless investing secret... and running up my nearly $20 million "bill" (money I've saved for readers!) with Stansberry Research so far. But after this, I'm going away for good. Please see this message now.
This Strategy Isn't Full of Risk... or Luck
Folks, the stock I'm talking about is GE Vernova (GEV).
I brought this recommendation to my readers when we launched Breakthrough Investor last June.
Since then, our GEV position has soared. It more than doubled at its June peak. Even with a recent pullback, Breakthrough Investor subscribers are sitting on a tidy 106% gain in the position.
But this isn't because we got lucky – or took too much risk.
When I recommended GE Vernova, its Power Gauge rating was "very bullish." If you're unfamiliar with our rating scale – that's the best rating possible.
This is the Power Gauge's breakdown of GE Vernova from last June.
But this stellar rating wasn't the only bullish sign for the stock...
My proprietary "Earnings Quality" filter gave GE Vernova a "high" rating back then...
To be clear, this is from more than a year ago. It isn't representative of the current setup behind GE Vernova...
But it wasn't luck that said it was time to buy GE Vernova's stock last summer. It was the tested combination of a "very bullish" Power Gauge rating and a "high" Earnings Quality rating.
And as I said earlier, readers who trusted this system are now sitting on sizeable gains...
Don't Miss Future Winners With the Earnings Quality Filter
I first brought my Earnings Quality filter to Chaikin Analytics last June.
This strategic investing playbook helped my readers net big gains with GE Vernova.
Today, it's one of my 10 active recommendations that are outpacing the S&P 500 Index.
But if you didn't join us then – that's okay...
On August 18 at 10 a.m. Eastern time, I'm joining our firm's founder Marc Chaikin to share an urgent update.
With the recent onslaught of new, flashy AI stocks, it has never been more important to safeguard your portfolio in these choppy markets.
Each one of these may promise massive returns. But they may end up ultimately tanking your portfolio...
Put simply... You can't blindly throw your money into the markets today.
In next week's broadcast, I'll share how we can leverage my Earnings Quality tool to find stocks worth parking your money in. At the same time, you'll hear how we'll filter out the stocks you'll want to avoid at all costs.
It's completely free to hear our warning – but you do need to sign up in advance. To do so, just click the link here.
Good investing,
Joe Austin
Market View
Major Indexes and Notable Sectors
# Hld: Bullish Neutral Bearish
Dow 30
+0.14%
11
14
5
S&P 500
+0.70%
138
265
91
NASDAQ
+1.16%
31
56
17
Small Caps
+0.26%
645
1058
345
Bonds
+0.58%
Systems Software
+4.42%
88
32
10
— According to the Chaikin Power Bar, Small Cap stocks and Large Cap stocks are Bullish. Major indexes are mixed.
* * * *
Sector Tracker
Sector movement over the last 5 days
Energy
+4.99%
Information Technology
+2.94%
Health Care
+2.39%
Utilities
+1.52%
Communication
+1.23%
Staples
+1.05%
Financial
+0.78%
Real Estate
+0.69%
Industrials
+0.56%
Discretionary
+0.30%
Materials
+0.27%
* * * *
Industry Focus
Mining
11
17
11
Over the past 6 months, the Mining subsector (XME) has underperformed the S&P 500 by 16.27%. Its Power Bar ratio which measures future potential is Neutral, with an equal number of Bullish and Bearish stocks. It is currently ranked #16 of 21 subsectors and has moved up 1 slots over the past week.
Indicative Stocks
ABAT
American Battery Technology Company
MP
MP Materials Corp.
UAMY
United States Antimony Corporation
* * * *
Top Movers
Gainers
WDAY
+17.78%
SNDK
+13.67%
GDDY
+9.45%
CSGP
+8.36%
TTD
+7.93%
Losers
TPR
-16.49%
CSCO
-8.40%
COHR
-7.99%
LITE
-5.58%
GLW
-5.32%
* * * *
Earnings report
Earnings Surprises
LUNR Intuitive Machines, Inc.
Q2
$-0.16
Missed by $-0.09
MSGS Madison Square Garden Sports Corp.
Q4
$1.19
Beat by $0.66
ONDS Ondas Inc.
Q2
$-0.10
Missed by $-0.04
DDS Dillard's, Inc.
Q2
$6.26
Beat by $2.05
NKTR Nektar Therapeutics
Q2
$-1.21
Beat by $0.83
* * * *
You have received this e-mail as part of your subscription to PowerFeed. If you no longer want to receive e-mails from PowerFeed, click here.
You’re receiving this e-mail at reditudo@gmail.com.
For questions about your account or to speak with customer service, call +1 (877) 697-6783 (U.S.), 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Eastern time or e-mail info@chaikinanalytics.com. Please note: The law prohibits us from giving personalized financial advice.
Any brokers mentioned constitute a partial list of available brokers and is for your information only. Chaikin Analytics, LLC, does not recommend or endorse any brokers, dealers, or investment advisors.
Chaikin Analytics forbids its writers from having a financial interest in any security they recommend to our subscribers. All employees of Chaikin Analytics, LLC (and affiliated companies) must wait 24 hours after an investment recommendation is published online – or 72 hours after a direct mail publication is sent – before acting on that recommendation.
This work is based on SEC filings, current events, interviews, corporate press releases, and what we've learned as financial journalists. It may contain errors, and you shouldn't make any investment decision based solely on what you read here. It's your money and your responsibility.
No comments:
Post a Comment